Regular opening hours
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 19:00
Saturday 9:00 - 16:00
Sunday 9:00 - 13:00
Address and contact information
ul. Karola Szymanowskiego 3
tel.: +48 52 32 66 460
tel. +48 52 32 66 425
tel.: +48 52 32 66 457
Psychological Sciences Library
ul. Staffa 1
tel.: 52 370 84 07
Geographical Sciences Library
ul. Mińska 15
tel.: 52 349 62 50 ext. 60
About the library
With a collection of around 750,000 items, Kazimierz Wielki University Library’s resources are multidisciplinary in character and cover all subjects taught and researched in the University.
They are distributed across six library branches which together with the Main Library consitute the library and information system whose primary aim is to support students and staff of the University in all areas of their study.
Our Library offers:
- Over 645,000 of print books including core text books collection
- More than 56,000 units of bound journals
- About 54,000 items of special collections including manuscripts and archives, medieval to modern, early and finely printed books
- Access to a variety of electronic resources including:
- library online catalogues
- bibliographic databases
- digital libraries and repositories
- electronic journals
- Library instruction and information literacy skills training
- Inter-library loans service
- Friendly study environment and expert library support
- Computer lab and photocopying centre
- Wireless network access
- Online enquiry service
- Cultural events: exhibitions of books, photography, art and craft
- Access to all library resources and most of its services for individual researchers and local community members on a restricted access basis
Who can use the library?
To access library materials you need a library card. You can apply for the card at the Circulation Desk. Anyone can use the library materials in reading rooms. Only students and staff of Kazimierz Wielki University can borrow books. In the Reading Room you can request a photocopy of materials owned by the Library (within limits set by copyright law).
How to borrow a book?
First you need to find the book in the catalogue. You can search for the books online or in computer catalogues in the library hall. Card catalogues for books printed before 1994 are available in the library hall. Records for some of these books have not yet been incorporated into the online catalogue and are available online in a form of scanned catalogue cards.
A full record of a book shows, apart from bibliographic description, the number of copies owned by the library, where they are held and if they are available at the moment. Using this information you can either order the book online or fill in a requisition form at the library.
Some materials are only available in reading rooms. Those are:
- books published before 1950
- books of which there is only one copy at the moment
- materials from special collections
- materials held in the reading rooms
- books provided by interlibrary loan service
The Reading Room
Materials that are held in reading room (their signature begins with CzyGł) can be accessed immediately. Other materials must be ordered, either online (with a note stating “for the Reading Room”) or with a reading room requisition form. In the Reading room you can also place orders for photocopies of parts of materials.
The Reference Room
The Reference Room’s staff offers help and training in using the library and databases. The Reference Room also holds a computer lab, where you can access the Internet and print documents.